3 Jun 2014

Debut Delirium: Changes & Exciting News

I love reading debuts and getting to know the authors behind them. It's why I started the feature Debut Delirium in the first place - to showcase the wonderful new authors and books soon to be gracing our shelves.

So far this year, I've connected with some great authors and had the pleasure of having them on my blog. But for the past month, you might have noticed I didn't post any Debut Deliriums. I thought about it, even tried drafting an email, but ultimately, I just wasn't excited about it. So I took a step back, tried thinking of how I could do things differently and get the passion back, all while making it fun for the authors participating, plus readers and bloggers stopping by. After some consideration, I decided on a tired and true method (since it must be tried and true for a reason): The Interview. It's not a new idea by any means, but I'm excited about the kind I hope to post. Think thoughtful, personal and fun :)

As for that exciting news I mentioned? Well, I'm glad you asked! Last month I read Behind the Scenes by Dahlia Adler and really enjoyed it! And love interest, Liam? I think you're going to love him. I even heard on the grapevine that a dedicated fan has started a fan club dedicated to his abs - guys, I couldn't make this stuff up even if I tried! So, in a couple of weeks I'll be hosting a Twitter party to celebrate the debut. What can you expect? A Q&A (come and ask Dahlia ALL your questions), giveaways, fun and probably some craziness. The best part: everyone's invited! Find out the rest of the details below:


I hope you'll be able to join for the chat, I'd LOVE it if you stopped by. And if you have ANY questions, don't be afraid to send me an email, Tweet @readingwishes or tag #BtSParty.

Also, before you go! Have a question up your sleeve you'd like to ask a debut author? Feel free to leave your questions and if I decide to use it (and you leave your name!), you'll even get credit. Don't be afraid to think outside the box :)

P.S - Time zones confusing you? Don't fret, just visit this handy time zone converter site.

5 comments:

  1. So so exciting! I haven't read Behind The Scenes yet but I did feature it on the blog and I honestly cannot wait to read it. I'm already predicting myself to become a member of Liam's abs fan club mehehehe. I hope I'll be able to join the twitter party, but I think the time might be too early for me (since it'll be morning here then)! We'll see! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, if you're not in bed sleeping, I hope to see you there! I think you'll really enjoy BtS :)

      Delete
  2. So exciting, Becca! I love your features, you clever thing! I'd love to know how they feel about writing post contract--does it feel different once their book is agented/sold?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sarah! I love your question! I'll definitely be asking it in an up upcoming post :D

      Delete
  3. Sounds so fun! I'm sure I've read about this book so I'll be sure to join in!

    Mands @ The Bookish Manicurist

    ReplyDelete